Thursday, March 24, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow??? Update 3/24/11

Things seem to be going along fairly nicely with the garden. I planted all but two of the seedlings I had started in the colder months, and last weekend I planted my direct sow varieties: cucumbers, 4 kinds of squash, radish, chives, dill, basil, shallots, garlic. green peas, and green beans. Once I put all my seeds in the ground there was a period of time when I was itching to take photographs and had nothing but mounds of dirt and sun scalded leaves as subjects (thank goodness all my plants seem to be moving past this now). So I ran around my back yard and took these before MRob (a.k.a. ornamental plant enemy) mowed everything down.




Signs of spring are everywhere.


Photobucket


Look at the little guy hanging out on the right side of the flower. Didn't see him till I looked back a the pictures.



Photobucket


Make a wish :)


Photobucket


Photobucket


Mmmmmm.....blackberries :)


Photobucket


I still…



Photobucket


can't resist…


Photobucket


a rollie pollie :)


Photobucket


Does anyone know what these are? They grow all over my backyard, and I have no clue.


Photobucket

This guy flew right over my head :)

and then...

Photobucket

like magic I started seeing signs of life in my garden :)


Photobucket


Photobucket



My garden is coming along nicely. Everything is up now except the shallots, chives and garlic. I think they may take longer. The tomato plants seem to be holding their own and getting stronger. I am so excited. I can't believe I am growing things, as opposed to killing them slowly :)  I am elated! I will share more pics from the garden with you guys later. Right now I have to go water the plants and get to work. Hope you have a great Thursday!

Love,
Stephanie H.

No comments:

Post a Comment