Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Blue Door Philosophy

I painted my front door blue.



Bright blue!!! I feel really good about it. It makes me happy :) Happy is important to me, in case you haven't figured that out yet. However, in this world that we live in, sometimes happy is a lot of work. The thing is though, I think, for me anyway, it is exactly that. I am a very project oriented person. I need things to do...constantly! Don't get me wrong, I can kick back and enjoy a good cup of coffee as good as the rest of them, but I need to know that there are things to do on the horizon. One time during a particularly nasty bout of depression, my Dad (who by the way doesn't get me at all, but loves me all the same. Thanks Dad! Love you :) told me, "The key to happiness is always having something to look forward to". For some reason, those words just clicked with me, and I have carried them with me ever since. You could say they were a turning point for me even (thanks again Papa!).

Back to the point. I painted my door blue, and I did it for what I think is a very good reason. Outside of the fact that I like bright colors, and my house just seemed to be screaming that it was craving a little blue to me, I needed a change. Not just a change of door color, but a change in my focus. You see, I had gotten off path a bit in the way I was looking at things. A  lot of stuff has happened over the past few years, and as I am a human being, I found myself very affected...and sad...and unproductive. I reached the point of realization, that we all eventually must reach, that I was gonna have to be the one to fix it, and get myself "right". I had gotten too worried about things outside of my control. I had gotten to worried about other folks and what they thought. I wasn't living my life for me anymore. I wasn't making my choices based off what I want from life. I was confuse-ded. Very. So, I did what any logical person would do. I painted my front door blue. You see, with in the walls of my home, I make all the choices (Well, I let MRob make some of them :). Ideas, people, negative energy, sadness, can't get in unless I let them in, but outside, those things are every where. All kinds of people, ideas, and energy are ready to be had, and I needed to change myself and the way I was thinking and facing those things. I painted my door blue, because this is the door I enter the world through every day. This is the door I pass through to go and live my life. I wanted a pretty door to put me in a good mood as I exit my home, and I wanted a reminder of what my core principles are, and what is truly important to me.

1) God,


2) My honey, Mississippi Rob (BTW, have I mentioned that MRob has a crazy hat fetish? Ummm...yeah, he does. Rolls eyes),



3) My family,

 Sorry, I just have too big a family to even go there this morning.


4) Creating,






 


5) A good piece of trail,



and just generally getting my happy on :)

I don't need every thing. In fact, I don't need much, but I need to take care of the things that are important to me, because I'm not happy unless I do.

Hope you have a great Wednesday!

Love,
Stephanie H.

2 comments:

  1. Was number 5 an innuendo, because it sounds like an innuendo. Just curious :) I think your door looks very nice though and the prints of mom & dad look very good next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that is something that MRob says all the time. I guess I really need to start thinking about the things he says before I repeat them :) You'd think I would have already realized that!

    ReplyDelete